- “Beetles! Bats! Toads!” I heard our logic students argue over what part they each get in a Shakespeare play (and use Shakespearean insults to tease each other).
- At the top of their lungs, 4th Graders belt out the tune of The Imperial March (Darth Vader’s music) with lyrics about the fall of the Western Roman Empire.
- “Latin!” It’s the answer my children give when I ask them their favorite subject. Who would have ever thought?
- The dreaded marble run project that kept little engineers (and dads) busy all weekend.
- Our fifty-eight students, six teachers, and two associates singing “A Mighty Fortress is our God,” our monthly hymn.
These are a few of my favorite things from the first semester at Two Rivers Classical Academy. I would go with more examples, but my son may accuse me of an ad nauseam fallacy, which he learned about in Logic class.
At this New Year and as we begin our second semester, I want to say “thank you” to parents, grandparents, educators, schools, and complete strangers (literally from around the country) who have prayed for and encouraged Two Rivers Classical Academy. Our first semester was a joy, and the list of “favorite things” will grow as we start our second semester soon.
If you haven’t yet heard about TRCA, here’s our simple story: We love the idea of children learning alongside parents who also love learning and who are not ruled by chaotic schedules. And we also value expert teachers who model Christ and work alongside our children and their parents. Is it possible to have the best of both worlds? Flexibility and structure? Parents and professionals? We believe the answer is YES!
If you are a parent interested in learning if TRCA is right for your family, join us at one of our upcoming Information Meetings.
Monday, January 13 at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 8 at 10:00 a.m.
We will soon open enrollment for next year (2020-2021) for grades Kindergarten through 8th. And we are already working on plans for the following year, when we will launch our High School.
If you would like to know more about TRCA, please contact us. We are looking for partners of all kinds — parents and their families, quality educators, and supporters and advisers. We’d be happy to tell you more of our story and how you can join in our vision!
On behalf of all of us at TRCA, Thank You and Happy New Year!
Board President and Dad
Veritas. Virtus. Vocatio.