This Statement of Faith, adopted by Two Rivers Classical Academy, incorporates the Apostle’s Creed, recognizing our rootedness in historic Christianity. Our statement is limited to primary Christian doctrines, those which are central to all Christian denominations and set Christianity apart from other faiths. These doctrines will permeate the culture and curriculum of TRCA. We teach primary Christian doctrines only, directing students to Scripture, their parents, their local church, and history for guidance in forming secondary beliefs.
We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord. Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and was born of a virgin, Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hades, and on the third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven, where He sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From Heaven He shall come to earth again to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, one holy catholic church, the communion of all true saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the gift of everlasting life. – Apostles’ Creed
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. By His own pleasure, God created, sustains, and rules all things. All creation exists for and attests to His glory.
- We believe that God has revealed himself and his truth in both nature and in Scripture, which mutually interpret one another. We believe the Bible alone to be the word of God, the ultimate and infallible authority for faith and practice.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that all human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful humans, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone in Christ alone, and that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, and in the primacy of the local church as the place where believers should live out this unity.
- We believe that God created us male and female in His image; that gender identity may not be detached from the biological sex of the human body; that marriage or matrimony is a covenantal, procreative union of one man and one woman; and that God intends for children to be raised and nurtured in an environment that honors these distinctions. We believe that sexual union is to be exclusive to covenantal, heterosexual marriage.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.